Same part in different positions in an assemby

How do I represent a part in two different positions in the same assembly? E.g. (1) Full open door and (2) Closed door? Do I use configurations? How? Do I use display states? How? Thank you for your help!

Reply to
domino

Try creating two configurations in your assembly. Apply mate features to locate the part where you want it in each configuration, and suppress the mates that you don't want from the other configuration. Sounds like you might get some ideas from searching the help topics or going through the tutorials.

Cheers, Dom.

Reply to
Dom

You can also set up limit mates. Using limit mates with configurations may offer the most flexibility.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Look up "Alternative Position View" in the SW help file.

This allows you to create a view of the assembly in the closed position and a phantom outlined view of the door in the open position.

Len

Reply to
lmar

"domino" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@a18g2000pra.googlegroups.com...

Also sometimes I do a repeat, when I need to evaluate the impact of both positions.

Reply to
Jean Marc