Adding a new part to an assembly

SW2008 When adding a new part to an assembly is it possible to select which of the configurations will have the new part suppressed and which will have it un-suppressed. Right now when I add a new part it goes in un-suppressed in all configurations. Then I have to go through all the assembly configurations to suppress it where the part is not required. Up to now this has not been a real problem but the present project Main Assembly I'm working on has over 20 configurations.

Am I missing something? Thanks for your help ... Roger

Reply to
Roger

RMB on the component in the feature tree. Select Properties. There is a check box to suppress the component. Next to that is a list button that allows you to select (All Configs|This Config|Select Configs). You might have to select suppress to get the list button to activate, but once that is done you can change it as you wish.

An alternative is to use a design table. That is the route to take if there are a large number of alternative components that need their state controlled.

TOP

Reply to
manager

Great - thanks for your help - Roger