Trouble with assembly failing when switching configurations

Hello everyone,

I new to SW so bare with me please.

I have an assembly of a simple round frame made of four identical segments. A round plate sits in the frame in a groove. I assemble the plate using one coincident, mated surface, a concentric mate and a parallel datum plane for orientation.

Each component has configurations for different size (only the diameter changes) frames.

When I create the assembly everything is fine and the components are all indicated as fully constrained.

When I create switch to the other configurations for the other sizes in the assembly the plate, and only the plate, show as unconstrained (minus sign in front of the part number) and it is out of location.

I have tried several different constraint combinations and they are all the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using SW2005 SP4

Thank you in advance.

Kevin J. Brault

Reply to
Kevin Brault

Quite simply, this should not be happening. I use configs all the time and experience few problems. It may be that the mates for the configurations are suppressed. In the Config Tree, RMB on the default config & select "Properties", then check out the Advanced Options. One of them is: "Suppress new features and mates". Good Luck, Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

That was it .... Thanks!

Reply to