i forgot something basical

hi everyone,

Because I almost never use configurations on assemblies, I forgot how to do the following: I have an assembly which is made of 2 configurations with 3 parts of which one of the three could either be part A or part B. when I use "replace component" on one of the two configurations of the assembly then the part changes on both of the configurations instead of changing only one of them.

any help/insight will be appreciated.

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

You don't want to use the replace feature -

Easiest way is create a design table with the 2 configurations in the assembly. Set up the first column to have a configuration state of "part 3" to be either "a" or "b" (which would be the configurations of part 3)....

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Whoops, wait...I re-read your post more carefully...I think you are saying that part 3 could be one of two separate components, which are not configuration based in "part 3", in which case you actually have 4 different parts...If that's the case, you can still use a design table, except you'll control it through "states", in which you'll have one part suppressed, and the other unsuppressed in the design table, but you'll have to have all 4 parts inserted in your assy....

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Reply to