CHAMFER DIMENSION

When displaying model items, how do you get the chamfer dimension to
display the way the chamfer dimension tool does instead of horizontal
and vertical dimensions that you just have to delete.
Reply to
T Jones
I think that one would be a good enhancement request.
Corey
Reply to
Corey Scheich
: "T Jones" wrote : When displaying model items, how do you get the chamfer dimension to : display the way the chamfer dimension tool does instead of horizontal : and vertical dimensions that you just have to delete.
When I create the chamfer feature, the input screen has two choices for dimensioning scheme. When I pick angle and dimension, the drawing annotates that way. The other scheme, distance and distance, annotates with two dimensions. So maybe you just have to pick the other scheme.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
You have to create it was a "driven" dimension in the drawing. Turn on dim tool, right-click > more dimensions > chamfer, then first pick the chamfered edge, then an adjacent edge.
If you don't pick the correct edge first, then the arrow won't attach to the edge you want.
Definately a subject for an enhancement request.
Todd
Reply to
Todd