Chamfer Tool Dimension HELP!!!

I am looking for some help and suggestions from all of you. We are looking to use the Chamfer Dimension tool exclusively for dimensioning all of our chamfers, however we do not use the any of the standard ways of dimensioning a chamfer. We call out all of our chamfers in the form of .XXX CF. Does anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this? Please help!

Reply to
The Rock

I have had success in changing the way the hole callout for 'hole wizard' holes is displayed, for example tapped holes now show DRILL & TAP 3/8-16 UNC, counterbored holes show DRILL AND C/BORE FOR 3/8" SHCS, and it still counts the number of instances. The file I edited for this is Solidworks\Lang\English\ calloutformat.txt If you look in the same folder possibly the file txformatcallout.txt might be the file you need to edit, the very first section is related to chamfers. Note the different sections Ansi, Din, Iso, Jis - pick the one you are using.

REMEMBER make a back up of the original file first!!!!!

I do not know if this is the right answer, or the place to make the changes for what you are doing, but I thought I'd give you somrthing to try. Hope it helps.

Mark

Reply to
mrkmccmbr

The only way I've found is to create a standard/whatever Chamfer Dimension, then with it selected run a macro that modifies it. There is no way possible to make it dual units (at least up to SW2007).

Reply to
Tin Man