Need dimension help with parts for a compact bender

I keep making mistakes when I think that I got a good deal on a used item. The I find out parts are missing, and the good deal becomes a bad deal. The parts I got missing is called a Square Stop Block, and the short support pin. (I'm taking this off the Harbor Freight owners manual) It is not the same unit as what I have, but it is so close it is unreal. . My unit is a "Clark" Bender, of course made in China. I would appreciate if someone could help me with the dimensions, so I can make the missing items. I also don't have the Right Angle bending attachment, and that part is especially the part my son needs. You guys here are the most experienced and are always willing to help .....I appreciate any information I can get......Grandpa Peter in CA

Reply to
PeterM

I strongly suggest ordering the Harbor Freight part. They actually have fairly decent parts support - you have to call them, of course, but I have had good luck with them before. My guess is that the part will work fine.

You could certainly mill a new block, harden it and parkerize it, but if you can buy one for like eight bucks, why?

Anyway, I have the actual HF bender, if you need the dimensions off that part post back and I'll measure it.

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
RoyJ

Pete, I'll go out in a bit and get mine. I'll measure them for you.

--Andy Asberry--

------Texas-----

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Here's some measurements from my 44094 unit as described at:

#3 Square Stop Block: 1.490" square by 1.980" high. Vertical hole 0.636" dia, centered 0.593" and 0.500" from sides.

#5 Support Pin: Head 0.630" dia by 0.400" high, shaft 0.393" dia by 0.438" high.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I bought 4 of those machines a few years ago without dies, etc. for $10 each and made all the dies and pins, except for the right angle attachment. It cost $1.95 from Harbor Feight!!!! Not worth making. I made the square stop blocks out of mild steel, with no problems so far. If you want to make that right angle attachment anyway, I made a TurboCad drawing of it back then, and can make it available to you as a jpg if you email me off-line so I have a return address that can accept pix.

Pete Stanaitis

--------------------

PeterM wrote:

Reply to
spaco

I get the same size for the block and almost the same hole spacing. I think you gave the specs for the angle stop pin (#4).

Head 0.979 diameter by 0.396 high; shaft 0.6225 dia by 0.418 high.

--Andy Asberry--

------Texas-----

Reply to
Andy Asberry

You're right; I mixed up the same shapes of different size. Here's my corrected measurements:

#3 Square Stop Block: 1.490" square by 1.980" high. Vertical hole

0.636" dia, centered 0.593" and 0.500" from sides.

#4 Stop: Head 0.630" dia by 0.400" high, shaft 0.393" dia by

0.438" high.

#5 Support Pin: Head 0.985" dia by 0.391" high, shaft 0.628" dia by 0.438" high.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

This grandpa is overwhelmed at the good wonderful help I got from you fellows. It reminds me of the good old foxhole days in the 3rd Armored Division Spearhead. Everybody helps each other. Damn it feels good. I will write a good email tomorrow morning. I am so bushed today, I hope I make it to tomorrow.....You guys are the best......Thanks for helping me with this problem Peter

Reply to
PeterM

The stop block is nothing more than a cube of steel with the center hole drilled off center. Easy to make. And the short support pin is a no brainer. Either use a bolt or turn one on the lathe.

Or if you are lazy or machinery challenged..buy them from HF.

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her t*ts" John Griffin

Reply to
Gunner