"compact bender" operations question

Tis a bit embarrassing, but Im getting mighty frustrated.

I picked up one of the better brands of post mounted compact benders for flat steel a month or so ago, and mounted it on a mass of steel so its semi movable, but will not twist in usage. Works great with the various rollers.

The embarrassing part....for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to use it properly to make right angle bends.

I got no instructions with it, so did a lot of web searching..no luck. I remembered Harbor Freight keeps their manuals on line, and downloaded their manual for their version of compact bender. And its rather nice....except for the section on making right angle bends.

Anyone got a link to even a clear picture of the set up, using the right angle bend attachment (wedge shaped block) to make a simple, easy, no brainer right angle bend?

This is really pissing me off, as I consider my self moderately handy at such things.

Gunner

Leftwingers are like pond scum. They are green, slimy, show up where they are not wanted, and interfere with the fishing.

Strider

Reply to
Gunner

It's upside-down!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

As someone else said, the HF manuals have nice graphics now but they used to be really bad and the description of using the right angle die is pretty lame so I enhanced a couple of images and added captions a couple of years ago and posted them to the dropbox:

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Thank you thank you thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill go out in a few minutes and try this!

When I got my bender, I didnt get that support pin. Ill make one this morning, as Ive been needing to for a while

Gunner

Leftwingers are like pond scum. They are green, slimy, show up where they are not wanted, and interfere with the fishing.

Strider

Reply to
Gunner

You're welcome!

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Gunner -

Isn't this the one you have ? - how about the option - named in the right side.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Thats pretty much what I have. But I dont have the tubing bender. It would be nice..but they are pricy. And the twister thingy. But I think I can make one of those.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner