Measuring a Chamfer

A question was posted over on alt.machnes.cnc about checking a chamfer. I drew up a sketch and posted it to the Dropbox.

There might be some interest here so I am posting a copy of the message here. ========================================================== A drawing has been posted to the Dropbox that shows how to calculate this problem for any angle and diameter of chamfer.

The math is simple if you paid attention in high school.

and
Underscores have provided (at no additional cost) for the convenience of all.

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff