EAA Museum

A photo essay of my visit to the Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture Museum has been posted at

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff

I seem to remember that from years ago, thanks for the memories.

About the web page, is the right arrow supposed to be a dead link? ;)

Tim

-- In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!" Website @

Tim Williams

Hey Errol! I see you've sort of adopted my "Oshkosh Scrapbook" format as per our emails last year.

Here are some corrections and comments.

1) The background color on pages 1 and 3 defaults to my browser's default background color while the rest of the pages have a white background. 2) Your left arrows are disabled and your right arrow links are broken. Perhaps the easiest fix is to simply remove the arrows from your presentation. 3) The biplane on page 3 is an exact flying replica of the Laird Super Solution in which Jimmy Doolittle won the 1931 Bendix Trophy race and set a new cross country record. The replica was completed in December of 2000 after more than 10,000 man-hours of work over a 2 1/2 year period. 4) The jet on page 5 is the Williams V-Jet II. Here is a link to more info,
here is some inside poop -- Rutan didn't like the V tail and thought a single vertical stab would be better but the plane was a marketing tool for Williams engines and had to look snazzy so Williams insisted on a V tail. 5) Page 12. The name of the character in the James Bond flick is "Pussy Galore". The name of the *plane* is "Pushy Galore". :) 6) Page 13. "Loving's Love" was designed and built between 1947 and 1951 as a pylon racer by Neal Loving, a black man. Neal lost both of his legs in an airplane crash in 1944 but used prostheses. After completing his "Love" in 1951, Neal began racing it in the National Air Races. Neal would later fly the plane from Detroit to Jamaica and back. The plane in the museum is Loving's original. A few other Loving's Loves have been built but only one remains flying today.

Cheers,

David O --

-- Still working on this year's Oshkosh Scrapbook

Reply to
David O

Weird: Netscape converted the link to:

Which was "404 Not found"