Aluminum casting wanted

What I am looking for is someone that can sand cast 3 small aluminum parts about the size and complexity of a cast VW valve cover. I
intend to set up my own small foundry some day but right now I just don't have the time and if I can find someone to do the casting for a reasonable cost I'll just have it done. I'm thinking 3 or 4 sets should get me started. 12 pieces total.
I'll have the patterns finished in a couple of days (I hope) and all that will be left to do is ram some sand, cut a sprue and poor.......
So if you have a hobby scale casting set up and want a bit of income producing work or just know of a foundry that does small jobs like this for a reasonable fee please E-mail me and let me know.
You could contact Mystic River Foundry in Mystic CT. They specialize in small order work and are excellent folks to deal with.
http://mysticriverfoundry.com/ is their web site.
For a preview of their facility see
http://newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/images/Mystic%20River%20Foundry/MRF_1.htm
Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech 613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239
860 774 8511 x1811
http://pages.cthome.net/errol.groff /
On 16 Dec 2003 15:54:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@caspercityauto.com (Leon McAtee) wrote:

On 16 Dec 2003 15:54:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@caspercityauto.com (Leon McAtee) wrote:

What part of the country are you located in?
Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Rocky mountains - Wyoming. But the parts are small and shipping via UPS won't be a problem......At least after the first week in January when things start to get back to normal. ========================> What part of the country are you located in?

Hi, You might call Am-Cor Aluminum Foundry (262)-279-6510 I don't know what their minimum order is, but they have been very good to deal with and they do relatively small orders (UPS size orders) for us all the time. Good luck, David

responding to http://www.polytechforum.com/metalworking/aluminum-casting-wanted-301127-.htm , Donald Eggert wrote: > Leon wrote: > > What I am looking for is someone that can sand cast 3 small aluminum > parts about the size and complexity of a cast VW valve cover. I > intend to set up my own small foundry some day but right now I just > don't have the time and if I can find someone to do the casting for a > reasonable cost I'll just have it done. I'm thinking 3 or 4 sets > should get me started. 12 pieces total. > > I'll have the patterns finished in a couple of days (I hope) and all > that will be left to do is ram some sand, cut a sprue and poor....... > > So if you have a hobby scale casting set up and want a bit of income > producing work or just know of a foundry that does small jobs like > this for a reasonable fee please E-mail me and let me know. > We can cast parts in aluminum up to 100 lbs. Santiam Bronze Works look it up on google. we are looking for some repeat customers. Phone 541-401-4916. or snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com. www.santiambronzeworks.com
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:18:02 +0000, Donald Eggert wrote:

wanted-301127-.htm

I got a "server not found" error when I tried your web address.
--
Tim Wescott
On 11/13/2012 10:17 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:

Same here. It exists, but is locked for unknown reasons. I didn't know there was anyplace like that around here.
Paul
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:36:55 -0800, Paul Drahn wrote:

There's one in Boring, OR, too. AFAIK it's more industrialish, but then, I know of them through a customer that has them make castings for antique car parts.
--
Tim Wescott
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:17:22 -0600, Tim Wescott