L0 Taper dimensions please

Well, I bid on and won a collet closer on ebay. First time that's happened. ALWAYS, the item I bid on has been bid way over what it was worth. Now I'm a little scared. Probably bought a doorstop. Anyway, this thing mounts to a L0 taper. I'll be using an adapter plate that goes from A6 to L0. But I can't find the taper in Machinery's Handbook or Google. Found the major dia. but not the minor or angle. Anybody know? Thanks, Eric R Snow, No longer an ebay virgin.

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Google search on "Lathe spindle nose taper" found this site

Bottom of the page has in the info you are looking for.

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff

Jeez, Eric, you're giving up all your accuracy with that adapter plate! What kind of collet closer is it? I bought a nice Jacobs spindle nose collet chuck for my lathe, and it was HARD to find it in L0 - there were tons of them for A6 spindles, though. Uses #91 collets, I think they go up to 1.25" ..

Grant Erw> Well, I bid on and won a collet closer on ebay. First time that's

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Hey Grant, I ain't gonna gve up nothin'. This collet closer is one of them E type. 1/16 to 1 1/2 capacity. Includes all the collets in a nice steel box. Two closers actually, One key type and the other a lever type with the lever on the business end of the spindle. The A spindles I have both use a locating device so the mount goes on the same every time. The L0 taper will be mounted to the A adapter and machined in place. It'll be dead nuts. Less than .0001 runout for the male taper guaranteed each time I mount it up. I want to put an air cylinder on the lever and hook it up to the cnc control. I'll make an adapter for the key actuated closer so I can use it on the mill. Cheers, Eric R Snow, E T Precision Adapter Maker

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Thanks Errol. Right after I posted that message I googled differently and found the same page. Pays to try several different methods. Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow