WANTED: Micrometer Follow Rest for South Bend Heavy 10" Lathe

I am looking for a micrometer type follow rest for my SB heavy 10 lathe. Will pay fair price for one in good condition.

Bob

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
RRBeaupre

Grant Erwin

Grant:

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the "micrometer follower rest" in the dropbox? I have never heard a follower rest using that description but perhaps the style I am familiar with is just being called by a different name.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

OK, but it's the same picture you'll see in "How To Run A Lathe" - the micrometer thing is a misnomer, it's just the one with knurled knobs. I'll try to get to this tomorrow.

Grant

Errol Groff wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Just what I pictured in my mind. We have a half dozen of the things in the shop. I just never had heard of them being call "micrometer".

Always just been follower rests to me.

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff

The 'plain' ones have the rectangular guides with the slot down the center, for the clamping bolt, and have to be tweaked in by hand.

The screw (micrometer) adjust ones are a bit nicer. My 10L came with one of those (sorry, not for sale...) but the steady rest was tough to get. I saw dozens of plain 10L steady rests go through ebay before I finally snagged a screw-adjust one.

Jim

jim rozen