Chamfer dims...

OK - recently upgraded to SWx 08 and just found something completely idiotic (yes - I'm sure there's a hell of a lot more things, but this is my peeve of the moment.)

When using the chamfer dimension on a drawing, and you want to change the decimal place value of the angle, you now have to apply a tolerance (bi or sym) to the angular dim to access the angle's tolerance info, change to the desired decimal place, then take off the tolerance. (e.g.: you want to change .005 x 45.00° ---> to .005 x 45°) On previous versions (and I go back to Solidworks '96) it was simply right below the tolerance/precision box for the 1st dim. The angular dim tolerance/precision box is still in the same place, but to have to add a tolerance to access the precision of the angle, then take it off again sound like it was changed by a recent graduate of the "Rube Goldberg Academy of Efficiency"

Is it me, or is this another case of breaking something that was working fine?

IYM

Reply to
<IYM>

I just tried it here on 2008 SP2.1 and am seeing the same thing. Interesting. Make sure you turn it in as a bug.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks Wayne...

I just tried to submit it, but am now coming up as "locked out" and "needing a subscription" all of a sudden when I try to access anything in the customer portal, even though I know we have 5 seats and 5 subscribed services....Oh well, if you want to submit it for me, your welcome to by all means...If not, I'll try later...

IYM...

Reply to
<IYM>