Chamfer WF2

Hi

Problably an easy one but here goes.

I have a square 21mm with 3mm rounds on the corners at a depth of

6.2mm. Sitting on top of the square in the middle is a circle,10mm dia, 6mm height.

I want a chamfer where the circle meets the square to extent to the outer edges of the square including the rounds.

Thanks

Geoff

Wildfire 2.0

Reply to
g.ormesher

Try sweeping a 45 around the outside edge of the part. The outside edge would be the sweep trajectory and the round boss silhouette would be a constraining entity in sketcher. If you can't get it to stay 'attached' to the boss or it won't go all the way around because of the way Pro/e splits circles, sketch past the boss surface and ignore the silhouette.

Reply to
David Janes

You need a variable angle chamfer, which means you need a blend.

Reply to
dakeb

Or maybe a cut rotated about a circle the size of the middle, round boss. The angle would be fixed and the final chamfer shape would resemble a square, sharpened pencil with cylindrical, not shaprened, "lead". So many interpretations means some ambiguity in the question.

Reply to
David Janes

I got it to work with a varable section sweep, using where the cylinder meets the square as the origin, the outer edge of the square as "chain

1" then I created a circular datum curve halfway down the cylinder as "chain 2".

I will have a go at the blend.

Thanks

Geoff

Reply to
g.ormesher

When you try the blend, go to the Control Points tab and manually define a set of control points mapping each of the block's rad tangent points to a circle quadrant. You should end up with four triangular planar faces and four "conic" faces (similar to creating a developable square to round transition).

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Thanks Jeff, worked great.

Reply to