Hide/Show marco for parts in a assembly

Hello all,

The company I work for builds machinery which consist of several modules. Modules needed depend on the customer needs. At the salesoffice, a drawing is made which shows a simplified layout of the machine. In the engineering office this drawing is used to make a correct representation of the machine. For each drawing a 3D model of the machine is build consisting of simplified versions of each module. Each module is a assembly with one or more parts in it. Some of the assemblys also contain a part with the text 'WEB' in the filename. For clearity, these parts have to be visible or hidden when creating the machine model from seperate modules.

What I need is a macro that can do the following:

- Search for all part with 'WEB' in the filename.

- If these parts are hidden, then make then visible.

- If these parts are visible, then make them hidden

- The marco should work in an assembly and in a drawing.

Please help.

Regards,

Jan Derk Remmers

Reply to
Jan Derk

If you have a basic knowledge of VB programming, visit

get one of these samples as a good starting point:

- How to show all components in an assembly

- How to show only the selected components in an assembly You will need 2 minutes of work from there to do the job.

will require 3 more minutes...

I might do it for you if I can find 5 mins, or if you have some money (email me)...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti