PTC strikes again :-(

PTC= persistantly terrible coding

In previous version of Pro 2000i^2 , 2001 they had drawing functionality called "represent" in which you could hide features of a part in the drawing without actually supressing the feature in part mode. Now in Wildsputter 2.0 they've gone and done removed that option , perhaps in efforts to re-sell it to us as a new 'enhanced' module. Anyways, what are your workarounds to make a drawing of a single part, yet have features within the part hidden in drawing, but not surpressed in the model. In assembly drawings you can pick a simplified rep, but not for parts, which is why the old "represent' was great.

Reply to
Stu

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Is there a question buried under all the crap?

Reply to
Grumpy

I know in 2001 you can go to views>display mode>member disp and then blank a member in a single view or all views. Maybe this hasn't been removed from WF?

Reply to
gra_factor

Stu, you can still do that

View -> Drawing Display -> Component Displa

Hope this helps, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

Don't know anything about 'represent'ing. The only way I've found to get rid of part features is with 'View>Drawing Display>Edge display>Erase line'. I thought that, since you're able to create a part simplified rep (with features excluded) that this should be available in the drawing. Alas, I've not found a way. It seems to recognize only assembly simp reps. I'm waiting for WF 3. Maybe SloBurn 10 or BarelyGlowingEmber 15.

Reply to
David Janes

"Represent" is back in WF3.

Reply to
peterbrown77

You must'nt have been the only one that complained

I never even knew that was there. I'll have to check it out in like

years when we switch to Lack-O-Fire 3

Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

Did you notice the three (a..-) holes in the new logo? For marketing, sales and support, obviously. The code is not crappier than what everybody is now used to (aka the "good enough" quality approach).

Reply to
Walther Mathieu

Stumbled on this...

Jeff Howard