Suppressed feature in a drawing

Wildfire M160

I have a model file with two features, an extrusion and a hole. My goal is to add the model to a Wildfire drawing, with the hole suppressed (extrusion only, no hole). I do not want the hole suppressed in part mode.

In version 2000i, for the drawing, I would have used "Drawing + Views

  • Represent + Simplify" to suppress the hole. I always thought I should be able to use "Drawing + views + Dwg Model + Set/Add Rep" to replace the current displayed model with a simplified representation (defined in part mode), but I was never able to get that to work.

In Wildfire drafting, I try "Tools + Drawing Representation" and I do not get the option of suppressing features. In Wildfire, I cannot find the "Dwg Model" option.

Is there a way to create a view of a model with features suppressed? Where is the "Dwg Model" menu in Wildfire?

Thanks in advance, Scott

Reply to
Scott

I think (?) what you want to do is create a Family Table instance with the hole suppressed. When you create the drawing you'll be prompted for the instance. If you want to change or add a referenced instance; Menu: File / Properties / Drawing Models .....

Reply to
Jeff Howard

....... An additional thought: Would putting the hole in as an Assembly Feature be an applicable option?

Reply to
Jeff Howard

The family table was a good call. Thank you.

Scott

Reply to
Scott