inverting a drawing view?

In Pro/Desktop 2000 is it possible to invert an projected view in a drawing if it is uppsidedown? I.e. I want the drawing to show the part oriented differently (turned 180 degrees). Best regards Peter W

Reply to
mandarino

Place the projeced view correctly on the drawing, then move it wherever you want above or below the reference view. You can even unalign the view if you want to move it sideways too.

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

Maybe I was not clear, assume I have 3D-designed a shape, lets say a d-shaped tubing, when I import it to the drawing it comes out as a p-shape. is it possible to turn the modelling view so it looks right i.e. like a d-shape. I know I can always mirror the shape in the design mode and then import it to drawing-mode. But this seems to be something you want to do from time to time and I want an easy way to just flip a modeling view when in drawing mode. am I overlooking something obvous or ... Ideas? Best regards Peter W

"dakeb" skrev i meddelandet news:cni20q$mlh$ snipped-for-privacy@rdel.co.uk...

Reply to
mandarino

I did it at last, maybe you were right. I did a couple of projection views until the thing flipped right. In this particular case it was difficult because there where no flat features to select as projection surfaces. I had to create a dummy cube (out of view) for the projection planes. Thanks P "mandarino" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
mandarino

If you'll search Google you might find some groups for Pro/Desktop that will have a bit more traffic. There's one at Pro-Desktop.net, I believe.

I never knew much about Pro/D and have forgotten most of that, but assuming it's something like /E you have model views (in part and assy) and are probably using templates that look for these view names (pre-defined in the template). You might try deleting the pre-defined views or use a "blank" drawing and define the view when created. Or, try redefining the views in the model file. (There should be something in Help to get you started?)

===========================

Reply to
Jeff Howard

When you create the first view in the drawing, you are given the option of specifiying which side is the front, top, bottom, left, right etc. You should be able to orient the view whichever way you want using this. Subsequent projected views then follow normal 3rd angle projection rules.

Or am I misunderstand>

Reply to
WoofWoof

: "mandarino" wrote : I did it at last, maybe you were right. I did a couple of projection views : until the thing flipped right. : In this particular case it was difficult because there where no flat : features to select as projection surfaces. : I had to create a dummy cube (out of view) for the projection planes.

Congratulations! I'm glad you shared your triumph of 'getting it', and sweeter, by far, when you do it yourself.

What I have found, though, is that drawing mode sucks for creating/modifying views. Before you even go into drawing, see what you can do in the model. Create your views there, specifically as drawing views, ESPECIALY for odd angle auxilliary views. First, you can only create the datum geometry needed to reference these views in the model. If you need datum points, axes, planes to orient your view, create all this ~ and the view ~ in the model!!! After that, drawing views are a simple matter of picking 'Saved views'. And your saved view will probably be set to optimally display your offset section.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

creating/modifying

Good advice. Reorienting views with children can be a nightmare in a drawing.

Reply to
dakeb

Oh right he was on about Pro-Desktop! I just went blind to that and thought Pro-Engineer!

Reply to
dakeb

Me too .... sorry about that.

Reply to
WoofWoof

: "WoofWoof" wrote : : > dakeb wrote: : >

: > Oh right he was on about Pro-Desktop! I just went blind to that and thought : > Pro-Engineer! : : Me too .... sorry about that.

I'll third that. Jeff's the only one that knows how to read ;-]

Reply to
David Janes

Jeff? Who's Jeff? (:-)

Reply to