drawing - change view type?

rel. 2001.

I have a drawing which has some broken views and some full projection views.

I want to change one of the broken views to a full view, and change one of the full views to a broken view.

In both cases the option to change to these view types is greyed out.

Is it not possible to do this?

Regards,

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

Apparently it can't be done for some reason.

Reply to
dakeb

: > I have a drawing which has some broken views and some full projection : views. : >

: > I want to change one of the broken views to a full view, and change one of : > the full views to a broken view. : >

: > In both cases the option to change to these view types is greyed out. : >

: > Is it not possible to do this? : >

: : Apparently it can't be done for some reason. : In any case, since it would take about 3 seconds to delete the broken view and create a new full projection view in its place, seems like more trouble than it'd be worth to fuss around changing the one to the other.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Not if you have loads of balloons, dimensions, and notes referencing the orignal view.

Reply to
dakeb

: > : > I have a drawing which has some broken views and some full projection : > : views. : > : >

: > : > I want to change one of the broken views to a full view, and change : one of : > : > the full views to a broken view. : > : >

: > : > In both cases the option to change to these view types is greyed out. : > : >

: > : > Is it not possible to do this? : > : >

: > : : > : Apparently it can't be done for some reason. : > : : > In any case, since it would take about 3 seconds to delete the broken view : and : > create a new full projection view in its place, seems like more trouble : than it'd : > be worth to fuss around changing the one to the other. : : Not if you have loads of balloons, dimensions, and notes referencing the : orignal view. : Ya got me there and I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to switch types. I had in the back of my mind when you asked the question that you could just delete the break lines but you can't do that either. If you do 'Show>By view' and Show All, don't they come back again just as they were?

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Not in my experience, they all have to be reorganised. In fact, sometimes by changing one view it can change other views on other sheets, even if they are not related. I had the experience of deleting a view on sheet 1 and the display mode of all the views on sheet 2 changed to the default.

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

It sounds to me like your broken view is a detail view of the unbroken one. They are always more dependent on the parent view for line display, member display etc. If not, you could modify the boundary so it goes completely outside the view so it's in effect a full view. If you don't mind doing a workaround.

Reply to
Gra-gra