2004 Drawing View?

In SWX2003 I could take a part file and change its name in windows explorer and then open its drawing file and I would get a message saying it couldn't find the part, would you like to browse for it. I could then browse for it and pick the newly named part file then all of the views and dimsension would then show up in the drawing file just as they had before I renamed the part. With SWX2004 it is not asking me if I want to browse for the newly renamed part. I just get all of my views with an cross through them becasue it doesn't know what file to link to anymore. What is the best way to restore the link to a renamed part file so the drawing file displays its views in 2004? Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry

In the opening box just press "references" and pick Your part there before opening the drawing. I would prefer to have the drawing opened and rename the part with a "save as" though...then the drawing is automatically updated, and I always save the drawing first with the new name.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Thanks, that worked great!