strange ISO/ANSI drawing behavior

Came across some very strange behavior - an maybe someone can share their thoughts...

What we know: a SWX2003 install was done using the ISO setting. A drawing template was created. Now anytime you drop a part into it, the views created are first-angle projection (ISO standard). This is not helpful, as the views are mixed up compared to ANSI, as the application is in North America (USA).

Change the drawing options to ANSI. Resave the prtdot template file. Open a new drawing file, select the newly saved empty template. Check the settings - still ANSI - good. Drop in views, either created automagically or manually - and the views are **ISO first-angle** ... not ANSI third angle!!!

What is UP with this?

The drawing file originated on a customer's SWX2003 installation (ISO at setup as I mentioned) and I am pulling these parts up in my SWX2003 (& SWX2004) install which were set as ANSI from the start.

I pulled the same template into SWX2004 - same thing. I don't have SWX2005 installed, so cannot try that, but at this point presume it will be with the same results. No matter what tricks or hoops I jump through, I cannot get it to shake off it's ISO roots.

Anyone??

Thanks,

Adam.

ps. last week I finally upgraded from my trusty old version of SWX2000 as it never did me wrong, and am now at SWX2004 - with no problems, I'm happy to report. I was *very* worried that some strange horrible things would befall my older version part files. I don't do much of any surfacing, so that probably helped. I turned off AV, uninstalled SWX2000, rebooted, turned off AV, installed SWX2004, rebooted, turned off AV, installed SP4.2, and I only had to fiddle a few things as I had not bothered to clear out the SWX registers. Whew!

Reply to
Adam Reif

There is a separate setting in the drawing properties for wich type of projection You want to have. Change it in sheet properties and resave the drawing temlpate...XXX.drwdot

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Thanks Krister - I finally found that (after conferring with the Help file) to right click on the drawing, Properties, and there is the selection between first and third angle view. Why some stuff is "hidden" there versus in the main Document Properties option window, I'll never understand!

Thanks again,

Adam.

Reply to
Adam Reif