Flexlm License Server Connection Timeout

We have 12 licenses on 2 license servers on our network. One is a fixed server sharing out 11 licenses and the other is a laptop with the remaining license. We have this arrangement so that the laptop can be taken off site (off the network) and still run Pro/E and Intralink, and when the laptop is connected to the network, its license is available to all client PC's

We have both basic and advanced licenses on the fixed and an advanced license on the laptop. The client PC's are configured to find the advanced licenses on the fixed server and laptop first and then the basic licenses.

My problem is, when the laptop is not on the network, obtaining a license takes 3-5 minutes when all advanced licenses are taken from the fixed server. This is because the client PC/application is looking for the laptop server and takes a long time to timeout. After whihch it gets a basic license from the fixed server.

Is anyone aware of an environment variable or setting that sets the max length of time the client PC/application can take to find a license server?

Thanks in anticipation,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Colenutt

I was just talking with my companies Cad Admin and he has been in negotiations with PTC over maintenance. I had him ask about how to do presentations off the network. Apparently there is a new license management server that would allow you to have one license server, but have the ability to check license out and lock them to a different computer, like a laptop and take them off the network. When you return to the office you can check it back in. I don't know what it is called, but I will be looking into it over the next few months.

I know that this is not exactly what you asked, but it is a solution. hope it helps,

John Morrison

Reply to
John Morrison

Martin

In Wildfire2 you are able to check out a license from the server, this is a much better solution than operating with two license-servers.

Hugo

Reply to
huggre

Does someone know if there are some tutorials for ProE/Wildfire available in german?

Many thanks Peter

Reply to
Steinbacher Peter

Does someone know if there are some tutorials for ProE/ Wildfire available in german?

Many thanks Peter

Reply to
Steinbacher Peter

HI

You have so many books in German and you are asking for tutorials ?!! :)))

On proe.cad.de

- you'l find also some links.

Best Regards, J.J.

Reply to