FlexLM setup

Hey

I have been trying to setup some rules on our SolidNetwork license server, which is just run as an overlay of FlexLM, so the option file I have to make (.opt file) needs to be written with those "codes/ commands".

My problem is that I dont know the different names (features) for the different licenses.

i.e. I want to exclude a user from pulling one of the SW Office Premium licenses we have. The command should then be:

EXCLUDE featurenameIdontknow USER simon

or if I make a group with

GROUP 120 simon jacob bo

and then want them to share one license

MAX featurenameIdontknow 1 GROUP 120

Can anybody help me out with a list of names for the different license types? and/or some tips and tricks for setting this up, cause the help manuel I have from FLEXnet aint that great.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Ronni

[...]

You can get the feature names from the license file - look for the word after the INCREMENT statement.

I have solidworks and solidworks office pro and the features are as follows (license=feature name)

Solidworks = solidworks Solidworks Office Pro = swofficepro

Regards

Martin

Reply to
wurz

Thanks found the names in the license-file as you said.

Now I should stand a chance making it work :)

Reply to
Ronni

Any idea how I can remove the "case sensitive" in the .opt file ?

Otherwise users can just change the way they logon.

i.e. I make rights for user: peter if he then logs on as Peter or PETER he will "bypass" the right he has been given. will save me from much unnessesary typing with all the combinations of small and big letters.

Reply to
Ronni

In your program can you do something like look at UPR(Peter) or whatever? The idea being that you take whatever is fed and evaluate it based on the upper case version of it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany