flexLM does not start

Hi, I am hoping to find some good practical, no jargon information on the problem I'm suddenly experiencing with my PreE startup. I'm running Wildfire preproduction on XP and it has been running great on a loating lisence server which happens to be my machine. I recently moved the machine to a new position in the office which uses a wireless network (so no physical change to the machine) and now I get this error when I start up.

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet, or the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the port or hostname in the license file has been changed. Server name: TDZ License path: 7788@TDZ FLEXlm error: -15,10. System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused" For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual, available at "

".

Makes no sense to me but even attempting to start the surver manually from the run command does not work. Any ideas?

Reply to
timbomania

Preproduction licenses had a built-in 60 day expiration.

The wireless NIC address is different than the wired one. You need to get a new license for the new address.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

manually

Reply to