mpeg tutorial

Guys,

I want to make up some tutorials for ProE for our users, and would like to make an mpeg file showing mouse clicks, menu selections, etc. Basically I want to record what I am doing on screen.

Is there any recording software I can use/download to achieve this? It has to be freeware because we have nothing in our budget available to purchase it.

Thanks,

David

Reply to
dakeb

Most of the programs I found were time-limited demo's or

shareware trial versions. However, I managed to find one that is freeware -

Bulent's Screen Recorder from:

I have tried it and it seems to work, and comes with an avi editor so you

can crop your movie later.

It may not be the best, but it's free and it'll do.

Reply to
dakeb

Ah, you found it. Couldn't remember what the name was but I tried it a year or two ago. It was very slow at screen capture, so the videos were extremely choppy, like one frame a second. I had hoped to do the same thing you're doing ~ making tutorials showing menu picks on actual Pro/e screens. It wasn't close to adequate. Hope it works better for you. Let's hear how it comes out.

Reply to
David Janes

Not mpeg, but may be a good option for you

Ah, you found it. Couldn't remember what the name was but I tried it a year or two

Reply to
Mike Lamora

I use Hypercam - works great with PROE.

Saves in AVI.

Mike Lamora wrote:

extremely choppy, like

Reply to
bill

Reply to
Mike Lamora

Easy to do on any SGI box - all the video stuff comes with Irix. If you know anyone locally who is using an Octane and running your version of Pro/e, just run over and knock out your movie .... did something like that when I was trying to get a friend to buy a Spaceball. It was a snap. Kinda fun, in fact.

Too bad the Pro doesn't run on Macintosh, that'd be a nice combination :-(

Reply to
hamei