Can Solidworks 2006 figure out how much stainless steel 316 material I'm going to have to order tia sal2

Greetings All
Does Solidworks 2006 have a built addin that automatically calculates the best nesting layout to optimize material utilization?
Like BlankNest http://www.forming.com/blanknest.htm if so where is it?
I'm trying to figure out how much material I'm going to have to order. Tia sal2
PS: The shape I'm working with is not complex. The objects look like washers just vary in size from 1 inch to 9 inches trying to figure out how much stainless steel 316 I would have to order
Other than manually placing each washer out there & arranging them until you think it looks best -- you will have to purchase that software you just mentioned. The number of people that ask for this functionality is pretty high - so I suggest all of you make an enhancement request for it to be in solidworks & hurry up & wait while they implement it. If you cant wait then purchase an add in.
or another thought is to search the net for "free nesting software" & see if there is any freeware stuff available where you can do this after exporting your flat shape via DWG or DXF (out side of solidworks)
If found one here but it is limited to only seeing it on screen -- however that appears to be all you want anyway. http://www.optimizecutter.com/download.html
Hope that helps.
Steve T.

Hi, The answer to you Q is no (that i'm aware of at this point).
I could do a quick nest for you if you give me the profiles in DXF/DWG format with QTY's and thicknesses etc included just to get you out of a pickle. :)
-DWH
Hello,
Check out PLUS 2D - Nestiing Software from www.nirvanatec.com
If the demo version does not suffice, and it is a one off job, you may write to support(AT)nirvanatec.com and they will optimize the job for you. shrikanth Nirvana Technologies.
snipped-for-privacy@temp.com wrote:

SolidWorks World 2006 had a vendor with a nesting add-in.
www.solidnest.com
Bo
The website for solidnest says it's based on Sigmanest. I used Sigmanest at my last job and it did a fantastic job of nesting parts, much better than any other I'd used before or since.
Sigmanest used to have free demo software available. You could use the demo program to view a nest, but not save or export it. Ok for a quick look.
http://www.sigmanest.com /
Diego