How can a make a torus with specific line angles tia sal2

Greetings all
I'm trying to make a torus with the lines intersecting at a certain angle
can solidworks 2006 or higher do this easily and if so how?
Here's an example of what I'm trying to do.

I'm tring to do a 3d representation of a phyllotaxis system

tia sal2
Reply to
not
It's not crystal clear what you're after. I'm guessing you want to cut, or somehow represent, a double helix on a toroid shape? Can't help but if more people understand what you want ...
Reply to
little p
"little p" wrote in news:H9PSg.7275$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:
I guess it could be described like that but not that complex I'm just trying to change the angles of the lines that make up the torus shape.
Here's an example of what I'm trying to do.
I'm tring to do a 3d representation of a phyllotaxis system using the torus shape
not
Hello,
Have a look at this. This should do what you want if I understand you corectly.
Muggs
Reply to
Muggs
Seems to me a simple bit of sketch geometry.
Reply to
TOP
"TOP" wrote in news:1159498388.230991.31920 @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
yea it does I wish I had an example on how to do it.
Reply to
not
Did you look at what I posted??? If you did, did it help? Was I right on? Was I way off?
Come on man give us a little help. Help us help you.
Muggs
Reply to
Muggs
See if this is what you're trying to do,..

Paul Salvador
"Muggs" wrote in news:n6Kdnf2C9dV6pYDYnZ2dnUVZ_o- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:
Yes I did and thank you for such a quick response. I opened it but it looked like a regular Torus. Did I miss something
I was trying to change the "skin angle of the torus" I made a 3D example (acrobat 7 needed for 3D)
I cheated and just layered a texture I made in Photoshop over a TORUS
If solidworks can't do it thats ok I was just trying to get exact angles. I'm still learning Solidworks so please forgive me.
Reply to
not
"Paul Salvador" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mygate.mailgate.org:
I opened it. It looks like I need to do several sweeps and revoles. Is there a sequence I should do them in?
I was trying to change the "skin angle of the torus" I made a 3D example (acrobat 7 needed for 3D)
I cheated and just layered a texture I made in Photoshop over a TORUS
If solidworks can't do it thats ok I was just trying to get exact angles. I'm still learning Solidworks and it's terminalogy so please forgive me.
Reply to
not
I may be off the wall here but i think what you need to do is
use different software like pro-E or mastercam everyone has their
favorite. It's easy enough to create a torus with the basic information
minor diameter major diameter etc. which would give you a 3D wire frame
using that software.
Reply to
tiber