welding stainless steel to platinum

I have a problem figuring out how to weld platinum to stainless steel.
What would be the best method to accomplish this? I know it is
possible because I have evidence of such welds, but I don't know how
to do it productively. I need a strong weld that is impervious to
corrosion after completion.
What flux is used? Should it be an arc weld or a torch weld? It
seems to be done with arc welds in factories, but is it also possible
to use a torch?
snipped-for-privacy@volcanomail.com
A second question: when using a laser welder - does titanium still
oxidize or can a laser welder avoid this?
Reply to
Alan Greenie
Does ANYONE have even a HINT as to how to weld precious to ferrous metals? How can one weld platinum to stainless steel?
Reply to
Alan Greenie
am guessing some form of "super" braze would/could do the trick
Reply to
dogalone
What you're talking about isn't really welding, since you have dissimilar metals to be joined. About the only welding process which might produce a sound joint would be explosive welding. Otherwise, you're looking at brazing or soldering the two different metals together.
Gary
Reply to
Gary Coffman