NJ welding instruction?

Anyone know who offers instruction for beginners or if there's a listing?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
dbaron

I live in NJ (not long) and have not seen any.

Reply to
lb

Check with your local community college. If you don't like the schedule, etc. you can always hire on with a welder part time, reduced wages, with the understanding that part of the pay is his / her serving as your personal welding instructor. :-)

Lots of small shops just need some one part time.

Al

=========================

lb wrote:

Reply to
Al Patrick

Whre in NJ? There may be a few options, location dependant.

In central NJ we have a decent welding program at one of the local vocational schools Middlesex County - at Piscataway. I have heard the east brunswick shop is not as large or well equiped as piscataway.

Here is a URL to see the course listings for the next semester

I am familiar with the instructor listed for piscataway and you will get as good an education as you can in a 9 week program. sometimes they also have a 20 week program

I hope this helps.

Regards, Larry

Reply to
lschlack

I took that course three years ago at Piscataway. It was a different instructor, though.

They have a lot of good equipment and plenty of opportunity is given to focus on what you're most interested in. It was enough to give me a start and to find out which types of welding I wanted to pursue.

Did they finish the big eagle yet? It was being built when I was there.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ya. Featured in the AWS rag last month. I haven't got up to see it yet-I gave up the job at Rutgers...three jobs was one too many.

Do you know if they set it up outside? I want to see it finished. That was one impressive project.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ed,

They have finished the eagle. Check out the AWS website in the section news department I think. They are trying to get it out to the AWS show this april, but there are school superintendent politics to work out.

The eagle looks great and was also in the february issue of the American Welding Society Journal.

regards, Larry

Reply to
lschlack

Thanks, Larry. I'll look for it. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you have to see the sucker to believe it. Every feather on that eagle is a separate piece of stainless steel.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

When you find it, attach the web site. I would like to see it also.

Reply to
Don D

I didn't find anything at the AWS website, but I may have missed something.

Here's a clip from a CBS news report about it. It's 13 Mb and it runs like crap on my Windows Media Player, but you do see the eagle up close:

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress