what do you make of this plasma welding gun?

It claims to plasmaize (?) water for cutting and welding. The desing is russian. Before you laugh, remember russians are good engineers

regards,

Mongke

Reply to
mongke

The first time I saw this I had to have one, until I asked a Russian Engineer. He Laughed! It's a toy! Sure it produces 8000 degrees but very little heat energy.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Just like the rest of the world, *some* of them are good engineers. How do you know whether the ones that designed your plasma thingy are the good ones?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

But wouldn't the high temperature make up somewhat for the lack of BTUs? The molten puddle would form veru fast. I suppose one would need to several passes to make a given weld in thicker plate. Besides wouldn't be a narrow hot flame avoid warping?

Anyway at a price tag of $1699 its moot for me. I tought it was way less expensive

regards

Mongke

Reply to
mongke

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:03:14 -0500, "mongke" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

And some of them are pretty good scammers too. The price interested me, compared to a similar "trad" plasma unit.

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick

So what's the problem ? 8-) It's a _toy_, I want to play with it !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Then go plunk down your $$$ and play. What's the problem?

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

no problems at all; get over to harbor freight and buy one (i've got the full owners manual) for around $500....

Reply to
dogalone

They sell this thing in Harbor Freight now ?

Nearest one to me (UK) is from the makers in Russia, and they want $1800 for it.

Andy Dingley

yep; sure do: search for keyword plasma

dogalone

That's just a plasma cutter though, not the Multiplaz gadget.

I almost said "commonplace plasma cutter", which is kind of weird.

8-)
Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to