License Server not available! Help!

Hello all. I have a problem with SW license server. Computers are Windows based (XP & Win2k3 Server). I have a license server on one location and I'm trying to start SolidWorks 2006 on another location (example: location

1 IP:10.35.20.19, location 2 IP: 10.35.30.15). When I try to start SW , it returns message; License server unavailable. I have checked connection between computers and everything is fine, ping returns that connection exists between computers.

Does anyone have any idea why doesn't it work???

Thanks in advance!

mirr02

Reply to
mirr02

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com kirjoitti:

Firewall blocking traffic for ports that SNL is using?

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

One solution could be:

Close Windows firewall in license server. We had same problem.

or add exception - port 25734 or port which is in use to share licenses.

zygzag

Reply to
<zygzag_spam

Thanks for answers but no firewall on either machine is running so my problem still exsists... :-(( Any other ideas...?

Thanks!

Reply to
mirr02

try install server on your workstation and then check is it ok and SWX can be run check date on both PCs - there should be no difference - if you can synchronise them, it will be great did you check Windows firewall? Some users don't know that there is one in WinXp&2003 call to your reseller and ask them

Maybe your License server is older than SolidWorks version? If you upgrade SWX on your workstation, you should upgrade SWXLS on server.

Please, tell us how's this issue looks like...

zygzag

Reply to
<zygzag_spam

Check that the license server daemon is running aswell - if the sw_d daemon isn't running, you will get the error that you see. Best place to look is in the Flex log file in the license admin tool (Start >

Programs > Solidworks SolidNetwork License Manager > SolidNetwork License Administrator). Click "View Log" and you can see any errors that occured during license server startup.

If the server started OK, you should see a line like this in the log file....

8:38:56 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Licensing (v10.1.3) started on XXXXXXXXX (IBM PC) (1/3/2006) 8:38:56 (lmgrd) Copyright (c) 1988-2004 by Macrovision Corporation. All rights reserved. 8:38:56 (lmgrd) US Patents 5,390,297 and 5,671,412. 8:38:56 (lmgrd) World Wide Web:
8:38:56 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\Program Files\SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager\licenses\sw_d.lic 8:38:56 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 25734 8:38:56 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ... 8:38:58 (lmgrd) Started SW_D (pid 1324) 8:38:59 (SW_D) Using options file: "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager\licenses\sw_d.opt" 8:38:59 (SW_D) Server started on XXXXXXXXX for: solidworks 8:38:59 (SW_D) dwgeditor swofficepro

Martin

Reply to
wurz