PDMWorks 2006, over a VPN working slow.

Hello,

At our company we work remotely and connect to the Vault server via VPN.

We currently are running a Windows 2003 Server and applied Service Pack 1 almost at the same time we upgraded from SolidWorks 2005 to 2006. After the upgrade (we remove and did a new install on the server and client computers) the connection to the Vault is extremely slow. I found some information that if you have Windows 2003 server with SP1 you have to open ports 20000, 30000 and 40000, I am waiting for our remote server administrator to open the ports and see if that is the problem.

I do not know if opening the ports will fix the problem.

Any Ideas?

Thank you

Reply to
José M. Umaña

Look on the official solidworks discussion forum. I seem to recall several people having similar issues that a microsoft patch fixes.

Reply to
Brian

If those ports are not open you cannot connect to the server. These ports are used for communication.

Johnny

Reply to
johnny