Save and PDF at the same time

Here is the news on the PDF when saving macro, it takes up some time on a save but worth it in the end,

Ben

On 2005-09-07, Markku Lehtola wrote: > 2 new free AddIns for SolidWorks: >

SWup - PDF updater for drawings > SWas - use attributes to create model filenames > > download:

SWup 1.0e released,

no Bluebeam problems anymore, use what ever ps-driver you have installed. You can also add one attribute to the PDF-filename, for example "Revision", this way you can create a full PDF-library that includes all revisions.

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Sorry guys slip up on the send to, this was meant for my manager....

Duhhhh,

Must look like a keener now...

Ben

Ben Eadie wrote:

Reply to
Ben Eadie

I don't mind :-)

btw. I just found one little thing that is irritating in SWup. When I select the printer in options it will be the drawings default printer after the file save. I'll change that tomorrow so that the original printer stays. We still need some paper prints as well, right?

regards Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Markku, Great work by the way, thanks!

Ben

Markku Lehtola wrote:

Reply to
Ben Eadie

I'm really interested in this SWup but having trouble getting it to run, We are constanstly having to remember to save as pdf when modifying a drawing. We are running SW2004 would this be the reason for SWup not working?

Reply to
Trevor

It's possible, I have tested it only with 05 and shortly with 06. I'll try to find a pc with 04 and test it.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

And we have a crash. So, there is something that isn't working with 04 in my code...I'll try to figure it out during the weekend. Meanwhile,

1.0e2 has released, it does not change the default printer for the drawings.
Reply to
Markku Lehtola

In the API AddMenuItem has been changed, I guess that is the reason...let's see if I can change this..still having little bit problems to find a test pc for this one.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Maybe next week I'm able to work with this one again..

Reply to
Markku Lehtola