SWit family grows

2 new free AddIns for SolidWorks:

SWup - PDF updater for drawings SWas - use attributes to create model filenames

download:

Markku Lehtola

Neat ideas. That attribute tool will be a nice little time-saver with SWit.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

The animation on your web site is certainly interesting. As they say, an animation is worth a 1,000 words. :)

Reply to
TOP

Like the pdf SWUP but how do you set the friggin bluebeam settings so I dont have a little 11 x 17 sheet in the middle of a d sized paper?

Like where are the bluebeam settings, how did you get it to print a pdf? I have tried in the past and only got a bizarre file without a pdf extension I think it was a *.PSB, like seriously, it says bluebeam pdf printer, not blue beam what the @@#$! printer! Oh and dont let the user tell it where to put the file just willy nilly throw it somewhere on the drive and let the user play hide and friggin seek with it, god forbid I get a pdf from a pdf printer... Ok rant over..

Now is the time for one of you to point out what a dumbass I am

Cool program and if I can get my bluebeam to work then I will use it a lot!

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

So I guess SWas does not support drawings? seems to me that the two programs could work hand in hand. by updating a pdf with the revision letter appended to the end of the pdf filename. Seems like this would automatically create a pdf history of files as each filename would be unique.

Just my thoughts.

Steve Tietz

Reply to
SteveT

Hi there, I think if you set the printer to BlueBeam PDF and set your print settings like you were going to print, but then exit and use Save-as, set the file type to PDF and save the file where you want it - let me know if it works!

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - Factory

Ben,

I had a time with this when Bluebeam was first included with SW. The trick is:

  1. Bluebeam will only work with SW unless you buy the full version
  2. You don't "print" to the Bluebeam printer like you would expect. This threw me for a long time. Instead: a. Go to Tools>Add-Ins and check "Save as PDF" (only have to do this once) b. Then with a drawing open (or even a part/assembly), do a File>Save As c. You can browse to any location that you want d. In the "Save as type" drop-down, select PDF e. Name your PDF file as necessary and click OK
  3. With drawings, the PDF will be the same sheet size and orientation as your drawing sheet, automagicly. With parts/assemblies, it will use the default printer's default sheet size (usually letter/portrait).
  4. The PDF produced will follow the current Page Setup settings for color. I don't recall any of the other settings within this dialog making any difference in the resulting PDF. Though I don't play with any of the other setting that much either.

Hope this helps...

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Did this before but double checked

Done

Yes

Done

OK

NO NO NO NO I still get the crappy b size nicely centered in a D size sheet GAHHHHH!!!!!

Regardless it would be nice to have a GreyScale or B&W option

Close but no cigar

Reply to
Ben Eadie

NOPE! you would think that would be a logical way to do it but nope.

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Thanks, I might include the same stuff to SWit if I find the time to do it.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Hi, are you using document settings under page setup?

regards Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Bloody nice thoughts I think. Let's see what we have in the next version.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Ok, so we (again) problems with this freaking Bluebeam (SWup). Mine is working just fine (I haven't even touched it), but I'm not that big fan of it either. I will check out how easy it would be to set up SWup with GhostScript+FreeDist or something like that.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Yep...

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Wait maybe.

  1. I have no options in solidworks... right?
  2. In my printers I double click the bluebeam printer and hit Printer-Properties in the menu, next I set the page etc etc.. Next I hit Printer-Preferences (which is also in the properties pop up) and set the properties

This what you mean or is there... no, could not be... another hidden window somewhere in this cryptic @#$@#!!! program I have missed.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

For PDF sadly no other than what you can do under page setup

As far as I understand how this should work is that wat ever you do with the BB printer settings (when it comes to paper size) it should not affect to the result. Size is defined in SW, under page setup for each drw template.

My BB printer settings for example were set to "letter" size, but I get A4 which is the template size and correct for me.

I'll try to check out how easily I could get rid of the BB..

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Ben,

Unfortunately, I have no solution for you. It has always simply "worked" for me this way.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

SWup 1.0e released,

no Bluebeam problems anymore, use what ever ps-driver you have installed. You can also add one attribute to the PDF-filename, for example "Revision", this way you can create a full PDF-library that includes all revisions.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola