Acrobat vs BlueBeam Pushbutton Plus

Does anyone have experience using both Acrobat and Bluebeam Pushbutton Plus to have an idea if Bluebeam is worth the $149 price? I suspect a lot of SolidWorks users are interested in this.

The list of key features sounds good, but I have been bitten by buying first and then being disappointed, so I have to ask. The free trial download is available as a positive.

TIA - Bo (use first name @tilikum.com)

Bluebeam Pushbutton Plus Upgrade Features: ? Simplifies PDF creation by adding Bluebeam buttons to the toolbars of SolidWorks, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ? Create PDF files with one click from SolidWorks ? Batch create PDF files from SolidWorks ? Create PDF booklets using Bluebeam Stapler ? Convert from any Windows application to PDF (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) ? Convert to TIF, JPG, BMP, PNG, PSD, and PXL ? Create secure, password-protected PDF files ? Automatically create PDF bookmarks ? Create customized PDF text stamps and watermarks ? Easily e-mail, FTP, and print published drawings ? Embed file attachments in your PDF ? Transfer hyperlinks from your CAD drawings ? Manage file property data using templates

  • Includes the Bluebeam Printer Driver so you can convert ANY file to PDF
Reply to
Bo

I do know that it makes much more compact .pdf's of my drawings than Win2pdf, but that's not the comparison you wanted.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I used to use Acrobat exclusively since that is what we had before Bluebeam was included with SW. I still continued to use Acrobat for quite a while even after Bb showed up, mainly because it always did what I wanted it to do (don't fix it if it is not broken).

I started playing with Bb one day and found it much easier to create .pdf's from SW. The quality is better and the file size is smaller.

I have never used the full version of Bb. I doubt I would ever need some of the features that is included. I just wish I could do the same thing in other programs that I can do in SW as far as creating the .pdf's.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Seth, this new Bluebeam version is claimed to let you work with any other program, though I can't claim it to be integrated as well as it probably is with SolidWorks.

SolidWorks did send out an email today noting Bluebeam as an official Partner.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I have always been a bit disapointed with the Bluebeam that ships with SW. Every so often it randomly rotates a sheet in a multisheet set. When you redo it you often find it has rotated a different sheet. Once a drawing set heads down this path we find the best solution is to go back to Acrobat Distiller.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen