Tip of the Day (selecting inner loops of faces)

Just found something that I never knew....

In a sketch, when you select a face and convert edges, it only converts outer edges of the surface. If there are inner window/boss features from this face, these edges don't get converted.

For some time now you have had the ability to right click an edge (of the window/boss) and click "select loop" in order to convert these edges. But when you do this method you always have to make sure that the arrow is pointing to the correct loop.

Another method that my co-worker just figured out is a little quicker and easier with less mouse clicks. Simply select the face and one edge of the inner window/boss and convert. It will only convert the inner loop this way and you don't have to deal with the arrow.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I've been trying to remember that for 4 years. I learned it from the user's guide way back in 99 when you could still take it to the can. I promptly forgot how to do it, but couldn't find how. I only remembered that there used to be a way to do it.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

That's the old way of selecting a loop. I think you can pick multiple internal edges to select multiple internal loops. Very handy for filleting features that extend out of a common face but don't have tangent edges.

Reply to
P.

Didn't know it was an "old" method. For me it is a "new" method as I didn't know about it until now and I have been using SW since '96.

It is amazing how even after that long of what I consider fairly advanced modeling techniques, I can stumble upon something like this that has always been there. Go figure...

Reply to
Seth Renigar

LOL!!!

Well I knew about that long ago, BUT what I just found out about is RMB select chain. When did that arive? Man, I need to look around more.

Muggs

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:kd0wd.6166$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
Muggs