Ribbon Cable through 90 degree mitre bend

I need to model a computer ribbon cable through a 90 mitre bend ( the
one where it is folded over to change direction by 90 degrees but
still in the flat plane of the ribbon)
I just can't seem to get it to loft. Anyone succeded in this or can
point to a sample somewhere on the web
Thanks in advance.
Jonathan
Reply to
jjs
This quick response, as I'm off to bed, its far from accurate, especially where the cable folds, but it may suffice.

John Layne

John Layne
I used to do this with sheet metal. Just draw a line across the cable at 45 deg and let it bend.
snipped-for-privacy@SPAMuko2.co.uk wrote:
Reply to
matt
On Fri, 19 May 2006 23:30:18 +1200, "John Layne" where the cable folds, but it may suffice.
Thanks John - thats exactly what I need - Did not think of one cable and then patterning it :-) _ I am an idiot.
Reply to
jjs
Of course - sheet metal - !!!! argghhh - *** that my head hitting the desk ***
Jonathan
Reply to
jjs