Sourcing Bowden cable

I appreciate this is not a post about model engineering but ...
The Bowden cable that links my car window to the "capstan" motor has
corroded and snapped. Renault want around 200 for the motor + pulleys + wire assembly. My internet searching has found very little - either r/c model control cable then a jump in size to m/cycle and trailer brakes cable. I'm looking for a very flexible cable around 1.55mm (close to 1/16"?). Cycle brake cable is slightly thicker but is much stiffer.
What trades still use Bowden cable? I've seen it used to suspend shop display shelves and fishing traces. And really pushing my luck can solder nipples still be found (would araldite with choc block electrical connector be a suitable substitute)
Thanks and sorry for the O/T subject of the posting
Peter K

You may be in the range for motorcycle throttle cables rather than brake cables.
Mark Rand RTFM

Good suggestion, also try bicycle Derraileur gear cable. (had to look up the spelling!). Also try ebay for the complete unit, you may find someone doing a "DIY breaking job".

<snip>
...and the best of British luck, first fit the new cable and second get it to work properly!

You mean like the inner cable of the 3rd item on this page for 1.05?
http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/installation_accessories.html
--
Dave Baker
Puma Race Engines
PeterK wrote:

Speedy Cables - formerly of North London now moved out of town used to have a selection of sizes.
Google should find them.
Russell
Peter did say ....
>My sons seem to be able to get plenty from Halfords and other cycle shops,
Just one point about the cycle cables. Some inners are Teflon coated, and this needs to be removed (difficult) to make a satisfactory soldered joint.
Try a gear-change cable rather than a brake cable. I found a repair kit in Halfords a few months back. They are thinner.
Mike
--
Mike Whittome

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 19:30:07 +0100, PeterK wrote:

You could try looking at cycle gear cables (including tandems) to see if one of those would help.
--
Neil
reverse ra and delete l

Sturmey Archer gear cable is still readily available and solder nipples are easy to make. If you require a longer cable google for tandem spares.
If it was me I would be looking at the local scrappy for a complete assembly - got one for the Toyota for 20 including post.
On or around Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:30:07 +0100, "PeterK"

Try derailleur gear inner wire.
ChainReaction Cycles sell by the metre http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=gear+cable for gear cables http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=brake+cable for brake cables, we have found them quick cheap & reliable so far.