Railroad Express - Introduction and Special Offer

Hi,

I thought I would start this message with just a bit of background. Like a lot of us, toy trains were part of my life when I was growing up. In my case, my uncle had a set of Lionel trains and a finished layout in the basement of my Grandparents house. Hours and hours were spent operating, coupling, un-coupling, loading, un-loading, reversing, and sometimes crashing those trains.

I ended up buying the set from my uncle in later years and it is the only set I will never sell. It's not valuable, (except to me), but does represent a time in my life that I will never recapture again.

As I turned into adult, my interest in trains came back to me (about the time that I started having kids - most interesting enough!) However, my interest in trains as an adult was very different than as a child as I started to develop a small business around my hobby.

So, 15 years ago, I started a business, now renamed Railroad Express focused on selling primarily "O" and "G" Scale books, DVDs and accessories. The business has grown, our product line has grown and we are adding new items each month to our offering. However, we do not sell trains, we figured that there are plenty of hobby stores that sell trains, but not many that carry the other goodies model railroader's need.

So, my specialty is sourcing products that appeal with this niche market and offering, in one place, more accessories, books and DVD than most hobby store would ever carry.

One example of this is the BackShop DVD series for repairing your trains. These are a great source of step by step details, but most stores do not carry them and you just do not see them around that much. I stock 20 copies of each of the eleven DVDs and that it just one of the many titles we carry. (see my special offer below)

So, if you have the time stop by our shop, either on the web (

) or on ebay ( ebay user name: railpress ) you are always welcome and I would love to get your comments, suggestions, product ideas and feedback.

Thanks for listening!

John

Railroad Express

695 Delong Ave, Suite 50 Novato, CA 94945

Order Line: 1-800-836-0979

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- Join Today! My Yahoo group provides customers of the Railroad Express updates on new products, announcements, and special offers on our Cargo-To-Go line of "O" and "G" Model Railroad Cargo, Freight and Layout Accessories.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- Special Offer: Just for reading this far in my message, if you buy all ten of the BackShop DVD series, I'll ship for free and give you the eleventh DVD for free! Since this is a special offer, it is not on the website, just order ten DVDs, and I'll catch it, cancel out the shipping cost and get the 11th disk into the package as well! I'll send you a confirmation directly to let you know that you are getting the special.

Click here to go to my BackShop Page to see all the titles

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

And here is a quick guide to these DVD and what each one covers!

Backshop Volume 1 - P/N #2851

Jim Barrett takes you, the viewer, through connecting 2 diesels so that they run off of one diesel's E-Unit using only glue, shrink tube, a 4-pin connector, and wire. Next, Jim shows you how to modify Lionel operating cars so that the hot shoes don't hang-up on hi-rail switches through a simple modification to the hot shoe using a dremel to bevel the edges. Then, Jim changes the wiring on Lionel Operating cars so they don't activate while passing over hi-rail switches. Jim modifies the cars so the power solnoid uses one hot shoe for a ground and the other to get the power. Next in Volume 1, Jim tunes up a Lionel Berkshire's smoke unit by swapping out the old pellet model for a liquid smoke unit. And finally, Jim fixes the two most common ailments with the Lionel ZW Transformers: the condition of the power cord and worn out ZW Rollers.

Backshop Volume 2 - P/N # 2852

Jim Barrett takes you, the viewer, through the installation of new pinion gears in the power trucks on a Lionel Diesel using just glue, a dremel tool and some brass tubing. Next, Jim shows you how to install uncoupling magnets anywhere on a layout with little more than a momentary pushbutton and some Balsa wood. In the third segment, Jim shows you some common ZW Transformer troubles and how to correct them, including the terminal posts and the selenium rectifier. Then, in the fourth segment, Jim explains how to restore the sound to worn out post-war Lionel whistles. And finally, Jim installs a flywheel and low-torque motors in a Weaver E-8 to avoid deraillments caused by fast stops.

Backshop Volume 3 - P/N # 2853

Jim Barrett opens Backshop Volume 3 by showing you, the viewer, how to diagnose troubles with mechanical E-Units and how to restore them properly. Next, Jim takes you, step-by-step, through the process of wiring a Tortoise Switch Machine and a 9 amp transformer. Then, Jim demonstrates the safest methods for cleaning and restoring cast iron, plastic and aluminum Lionel cars. Next, Jim performs a complete restoration of a Lionel 3472 operating Milk Car. And finally, Jim compares the pulling power of a 783 and 785 Hudson (with and without Magna-Traction) on both tubular and Gargraves track using a pulling spring.

Backshop Volume 4 - P/N # 2854

Jim Barrett shows you how to clean and re-wire a Lionel uncoupler button in Backshop Volume 4. Jim also demonstrates the proper and improper methods of cleaning track. In the second segment, Jim performs the complete restoration of a Lionel operating Horse Car. In the next segment, Jim covers the restoration of the Corral that accompanies this classic Lionel operating accessory. In the fourth segment, Jim takes you for a tour of his shop and explains how to set up your own shop for everything from basic repairs to the most complex procedures. Finally, Fred Dole makes a guest apperance and explains the process of shooting a cover for O Gauge Railroading.

Backshop Volume 5 - P/N # 2855

Jim Barrett begins Backshop Volume 5 by showing you, the viewer, how to remove old Lionel mechanical E-Units and replace them with better operating electronic E-Units in an older diesel locomotive. Next, Jim demonstrates the same procedure as it applies to Lionel steam locomotives. In the third segment, Jim shows you how to improve the operation of your # 342 Culvert Loader with a few simple tricks. And finally, Jim covers how to improve the operation of your #345 Culvert Unloader as well.

Backshop Volume 6 - P/N # 2856

In Backshop Volume 6, host Jim Barrett shows you how to restore a #364 Lumber Loader and improve it by making it run quieter and on less power! The next segment shows you how to tune up and restore a #3461 Operating Log Car from Lionel as well. These two segments will have you loading and unloading logs just like you remember when you were a kid. In the third segment, Jim shows you how to modify liquid smoke units to take in more air. More air means better smoke! Finally, Jim installs accessory operating rails anywhere on a layout using only balsa wood, brass strips, hook-up wire and a momentary push-button switch.

Backshop Volume 7 - - P/N # 2857

Jim Barrett hosts Backshop Volume 7. In this video, Jim shows you how to change out springs on a K-Line Lighted Passenger Car, and better still, Jim demonstrates a simple trick to prevent the pick-up roller spring from wearing out again! In the second segment, Jim offers some simple tips to prevent wear and damage to your new MTH track. Then, Jim explains a few ways to enhance the performance of your MTH ITAD and Lionel IR Controllers and how to achieve inter-compatibility between infrared manufacturers. Next, Jim shows you a quick way to install a battery charging jack in the tender of a QSI or PS-1 equipped engine. And finally, Jim installs TMCC in a 736 Berkshire using the UCUB board from Train America Studios.

Backshop Volume 8 - P/N # 2845

In Backshop Volume 8, host Jim Barrett takes you through adding more pick ups to your K-Line B6 Steam Locomotive to avoid hesitation and stalling through switches. Next, Jim addresses a simple problem that may be preventing you from using DCS with your TMCC locomotives - modifying the TMCC Cable to use with the DCS system. Then, in Segment Three, Jim shows you how to build a fast-acting circuit breaker box that works with ANY transformer to protect your valuable electronics.

Backshop Volume 9 - P/N # 2846

Jim Barrett, long-time host of Jim Barrett In The Backshop, shows you how to install a Caboose Industries 208-S spring-loaded ground throw and indicator lights on hi-rail track in Backshop Volume 9. Next, Jim performs the complete cleaning and restoration of post-war locomotives using dish detergent, lacquer thinner, 409, pipe-cleaners, dremel brushes and more. After that, Jim shows you how to convert your PS-1 locomotives to TMCC using the R2LC Equalizer Board from Digital Dynamics. And finally, Jim shows you another way to convert from PS-1 to TMCC using the Train America Studio "Engineer On Board" conversion kit.

Backshop Volume 10 - P/N # 2869

Jim Barrett, host of Backshop Volume 10, shows you how to quiet down a noisy layout using either Homasote or styrofoam and a little carpet adhesive in this latest installment of the Backshop series. Next, Jim uses LEDS to show where trains are on hidden tracks, commonly found under the table on small layouts. Then, Jim uses CADvance and RR Track 4.0 to make a professional looking control panel with a little help from Kinko's and Jim's trademark creativity. Finally, Jim installs a moving X-10 Camera System under a layout to help find trains located on hidden tracks.

Backshop Volume 10 - P/N # 2881

=B7 Fixing your smoke unit's fan motor direction =B7 Install accessory operating rails in Hi-Rail track =B7 Make a hinged raised bridge that stays in place =B7 Make a hinged layout drop section

Railroad Express

695 Delong Ave, Suite 50 Novato, CA 94945

Order Line: 1-800-836-0979

Reply to
Railpress