Reference Annotations in an Animation

Does anybody know if it's possible to have any reference annotations on and visible during the animation of parts in an assembly?

I've got a leader pointing to each of the parts that I have animated, but when I actually run the animation, the leaders with notes hide while the animation is running. I need them to stay on during the animation. I haven't been able to find anything that talks about keeping them on, so I'm thinking this is not possible.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

You would have to record the animation as non-rendered. If that's not a problem, then what you do is...

*) Attach the note to a dummy part way out in space, out of the scene *) When you want the note to appear, you will create a path that makes the dummy part swoop into the scene in a split second *) When you want the note to disappear, you have the dummy part leave your scene at a fantastic rate of speed.

If you do this correctly, the notes will appear and dissapear instantly without anyone knowing how you did it.

I've never tried this, but I heard that this is the technique to use.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Reply to