Animation Help

I am running SW2005, and need some help on an animation.

I have an assembly for a 60 ft tower that can tilt down. The problem is that the base where the hinge is located is a sub assembly. When I have the sub assembly open by itself I can move the parts that I need to, but when I try to move it in the complete assembly I can't. It keeps telling me that the part is fully defined. I need to be able to move the part so that I can make an animation of the tower being tilted down. Has anybody tried something similar, or have an idea of how to fix the problem?

Reply to
YouGoFirst

I haven't tried animation, but you can get it to move by making it flexible. Open Properties for the sub and look in the Solve as box.

I also haven't played with flexible subs much in 2005. In 2004, they had an issue with patterned parts not staying with the moving parts, so watch for that.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany