Help with autochanging a number in a custom property (Macro)

Can someone help me with the macro below. The macro opens a part, then changes the "Serial" custom property, then saves the file as "Serial" and the number in the customer property. I am trying to figure out how to auto change this number. I have 100 parts to change this note, and it would be nice to run a macro to auto change the custom property, then save it as a file with "Serial000001.sldprt, Serial000002.sldprt, etc etc)

Dim swApp As Object Dim Part As Object Dim boolstatus As Boolean Dim longstatus As Long Dim Annotation As Object Dim Gtol As Object Dim DatumTag As Object Dim FeatureData As Object Dim Feature As Object Dim Component As Object Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.OpenDoc4("serial.SLDPRT", 1, 0, "", longstatus) Set Part = swApp.ActivateDoc("serial.SLDPRT") retval = Part.AddCustomInfo3(EmptyStr, "Serial", 30, "0000001") Part.EditRebuild Part.SaveAs2 "serial000001.SLDPRT", 0, False, False swApp.CloseDoc "serial000001.SLDPRT" End Sub

Reply to
SW Monkey

Dim serialcount as long dim strSerial as string Dim FileName as string

serialcount = 1

for serialcount = 1 to 10 strserial = format (serialcount, "000000") filename = "Serial" & strserial & ".sldprt" msgbox filename next

Do you want to continue creating coppies of Serial.sldprt

Reply to
CS

I need to make 100 parts, serial # 000001 to #000100

I have a note on a model, that will be etched onto the plate (laser cut). I need this note to change on every part, then save that part as serial000001, serial000002, etc etc

Reply to
SW Monkey

Yes, i need to autogenerate 100 parts. There is a note on each part for the serial #. Im trying to make a macro that will open a default part (serial.sldprt), then change the note (note linked to a custom propoerty that is changed) then saves the part as "serial000001.sldprt". This macro would add 1 to the serial# and do the same for 000002,3,4,5,etc etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

CS wrote:

message

"Serial"

Serial000002.sldprt,

Reply to
SW Monkey

Dim swApp As Object Dim Part As Object Dim boolstatus As Boolean Dim longstatus As Long Dim Annotation As Object Dim Gtol As Object Dim DatumTag As Object Dim FeatureData As Object Dim Feature As Object Dim Component As Object

Sub main() Dim Errors As Long Dim Warnings As Long Dim serialcount as long Dim strSerial as string Dim FileName as string

serialcount = 1

for serialcount = 1 to 10

next

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.OpenDoc4("serial.SLDPRT", 1, 0, "", longstatus) Set Part = swApp.ActivateDoc("serial.SLDPRT")

for serialcount = 1 to 100 strserial = format (serialcount, "000000") filename = "Serial" & strserial & ".sldprt" retval = Part.DeleteCustomInfo2("", "Serial") retval = Part.AddCustomInfo3(EmptyStr, "Serial", 30, strSerial) Part.EditRebuild SaveOpts = swSaveAsOptions_Copy retval = Part.SaveAs4(filename , 0, SaveOpts, Errors, Warnings) next

swApp.CloseDoc "serial.SLDPRT" End Sub

This is written for 2004 and up mostly because of CONST's

Regards, Corey

Reply to
CS

Thanks Corey, that works great. I have a problem though, I cant seem to link text in a sketch to a custom property. This seems like a no brainer. I tried linking it like you would a note, but it doesnt have the option. I am using 2003 still, is that a new feature in 2004 or 2005?

Reply to
SW Monkey

I believe it is in 2005 I don't think it is available in 2004 I am still on 2004

Corey

Reply to
CS

I'm assuming your trying to add linked text to the either the calloutabove, calloutbelow, suffix, or prefix of a DIMENSION. This is not an option in SW2005 either. You can place a note in your part or assembly file but it is not linked to the sketch. It doesn't hide and show when you open and close a sketch. The visibility is controlled by your annotions options in the feature manager tree. I believe you could do this in SW2003 also.

Roland

Reply to
Roland