3d Note and Parameter modification

I wish to be able to modify the value of a parameter in a 3d Annotation. For instance if I write "The material is : &material"
I see the 3D note "The material is : Steel" I remember that in 2001 Version it was possible to modify the value of the parameter (from steel to another value) by directly selecting the 3d Note. Now it'snot possible. Any idea? Thanks in advance Pier

This still is possible but you need to do RMB 'Value' with the note selected. It may also be necessary for the pointer to be hovering over the value representing '&material' to get access to its value. I'm not 100% sure about this but this should give you the parameter name to the left of an input line with the current value filled in and let you edit the value. The only other reasons it might not let you edit it could be that the parameter is locked or that the value is the result of a relation. In both cases, though, it should give you a warning.
--
David Janes

David Janes wrote:

Thank you David. I'm using WF2 and the only way to select and modify the value is to have the "old style " note defined as "Edit - Set up - Note" and not using the new Annotaion feature. That's all Bye Pier

I did what I told you above on a new Annotation feature. It won't work if you do RMB 'Properties', it will work if you do RMB 'Value'. Selection may be aided by setting the selection filter at the bottom to Annotation Feature, then, when selected, RMB 'Value'. Sorry, don't know why this doesn't work for you, but it does work on a 3D note created as an Annotation and appears in the Model Tree as such.
--
David Janes

do
by
as
Cool, I wasn't aware it was possible. Tried it and confirmed both Setup Note and Annotation feature using an early build of WF2, part notes from both part and assy mode. Possibly a config option getting in Pier's way?
Thanks for the info, gents.
Jeff Howard wrote:

At the moment I use an old version of WF2 and in Annotation Feature I don't have the option "value" , so I'm forced to use Edit_setUp. Thanks Pier

Curiosity got the best o' me. It looks like ...
Setup Note: THIS PART BE MADE OF -- &MATERIAL
If you click on <whatever material value is> and RMB, Value will be on the menu.
If you click on any of the "static" text, Value will not be available.
The same is not true of a note that is an element of an Annotation Feature. If there is any static text in the note element there is no way (?) to get Value.
If there is no static text and
1 param value: Pick in graphics screen or RMB element in browser to access Value.
More than 1 param: Same but first param value is all you can get to.

I apparently wasn't clear enough. So, let me try again: * with the annotation showing on screen (not hidden on a layer, Environment set to show 3D Notes), select it (selection filter set to Annotation or pick from model tree) so that it highlights red * hover the pointer over the part that corresponds to &material * HOLD DOWN THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON TO GET THE POPUP MENU * with the popup menu open, pick 'Value'; an input box appears (top or bottom of screen), prompting you, on the left, for MATERIAL, and showing the current value highlighted on the input line. Here's where you change it and this change goes into the parameters which you may confirm by going into 'Tools>Parameters'.
--
David Janes