How to get datum evaluate into note? /2001

Hi,
I have an assembly with a series of levers which are controlled by a single angle and I need to see the result clearly.
Insert/Datum/Evaluate feature name: plunger enter measurement name: travel and pick two surfaces to measure distance apart. To get to this info I look into info/feature.
How to I get this 'parameter' into a 3D note to see the result immediately after changing the driving angle?
Thanks

Reference the measurment as: travel:fid_plunger
(Not sure if you can do this directly in the note or if you need to create a parameter that reads the value.... etc.)
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com says...

this does not appear to be a parameter otherwise it would appear in a note by referencing it as &travel:fid_plunger

not sure about this, I cannot create a real number feature parameter as this format will not be accepted as a value

Not sure I'm getting it, but .....
Create a relation such as; distance = travel:fid_plunger (automatically creates the parameter "distance") Create a note that says "offset = &distance" and place it. The note should show: offset = 7.500 (or whatever the value is). (Just tried this in WF, so I've learned something <g>)
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com says...

And it also works in a note in the drawing.

create the evaluate as described, then enter a relation such as measurement= travel:fid_plunger then make your note read &measurement. I've just tried it and it works, although in WF2 the note doesnt update on a regen. You have to re-define it and voila! it changes.....

Ok, just noticed the same thing (WF2, also) and you're seeing it indicates a bug, I think. Don't redefine it, just RMB on the part and Regenerate again. You get the note that nothing's changed and the note still reads old value. Repaint the screen (I just bump the spaceball) and the note updates.
(I tried it with a part level note and a feature level note associated with the datum evaluate, which is the last feature in the part I was testing with.)

In the message window, that is.
tool.com says...

There is always something in proe that will irritate, I've found that suppress and resume the eval feature is the quickest way to refresh the note, but this bug does spoil the action.
: Hi, : : I have an assembly with a series of levers which are controlled by a : single angle and I need to see the result clearly. : Insert/Datum/Evaluate : feature name: plunger : enter measurement name: travel : and pick two surfaces to measure distance apart. : To get to this info I look into info/feature. : : How to I get this 'parameter' into a 3D note to see the result : immediately after changing the driving angle? : Kenny, you were right to put 'parameter' in quotes. Those methods can pick up values when they are created but you discovered their limitation: they don't update well.
You were close though! Instead of the evaluate function, do 'Insert>Model Datum>Analysis'. It, too, offers the Measure function to get the refverences that you are using for distance. But then, its decided advantage is that, in the process, it has you create a parameter, a real one, to hold and represent that measured value. It also sets its own update condition which makes it possble to make the parameter value ever current and the parameter which it lets you create can be used quite simply in a note with the usual ampersand sign. When your model updates, the parameter updates and the note updates with it.
David Janes

Behavioral Modeling eXtension required?
:> ..... do 'Insert>Model > Datum>Analysis'. It, too, : > offers the Measure function to get the ..... : : Behavioral Modeling eXtension required? : Maybe, good question, can't keep those little bundles straight, but this generally applies to Evaluate stuff too, doesn't it? If you have Evaluate, shouldn't you have Analysis?
David Janes

generally
shouldn't you

Dunno for sure, but with WF and WF2 I've been able to use Evaluate features, but Analysis features give me the "try before you buy" message.