Options to hide datum plane display using GD&T

I usually convert the standard existing datum planes (front right top) to Datums A B C.

When I do this, the "plane view" icon does not turn them off. The only way I can see to do this is to turn the layer off.

Then when I need to use them to constrain the part in an assembly I have to turn the layers back on.

Is this what everyone else does? Or is there a better way, or a config.pro setting I can set?

thanks

Reply to
Pete

are you converting them to geom tols'? I think g eometric tolerances r meant to be soemthing other than datum planes

cheers Craig

Reply to
craig stevens

I am changing the default Pro/E datum planes into Datums -A- -B- -C-

These are then either shown as free datums, or attached to Dimensions on the drawing.

When this is done, they ALWAYS show on the 3D model. Even when I hide all datum planes.

The only way to "hide" these datums is to blank the layer they are on. Which is tedious

Reply to
Pete

I use layers too. I have a mapkey and an Icon that turns that layer on and off.

Mark Janusek Pittsburgh, PA

Reply to
Mark Janusek

I believe the datums start as DTM1, DTM2, and DTM3. If yours are Front, Top, Right,you must be starting from a start part. This template will have the datums named as you indicated. You can open that template and rename them as you like and they will be that way for ever, and they will turn off when you turn datums off, not using the layers command. Look in you books are help file to see how to make or edit a temlate file. The release 19 books I have explain the procedure, and I don't think that has changed.

Mark Janusek Pittsburgh, PA

These are then either shown as free datums, or attached to Dimensions on the drawing.

When this is done, they ALWAYS show on the 3D model. Even when I hide all datum planes.

The only way to "hide" these datums is to blank the layer they are on. Which is tedious

When I do this, the "plane view" icon does not turn them off. The only way I can see to do this is to turn the layer off.

Then when I need to use them to constrain the part in an assembly I have to turn the layers back on.

Is this what everyone else does? Or is there a better way, or a config.pro setting I can set?

are you converting them to geom tols'? I think g eometric tolerances r meant to be soemthing other than datum planes

cheers Craig

fmc

David Janes

Reply to