Edit feature with internal datum [wf2]

Is there a method of query selecting to edit a feature with an internal datum? With the filter set on 'features' the feature dimensions show for editing but not the internal plane that it was created on. Even when the plane is unhidden it will not be picked as part of the feature.

Can this feature group be picked from the screen in the way an on-the- fly plane was picked in 2001? I don't want to pick through the menu.

Thanks

Reply to
kenny

Kenny, in WF & WF2 there is no more on-the-fly datum creatio since you can create a datum at anytime. So as far as selecting the goes, have you tried via the modeltree? If you are trying to automat something via a mapkey or what not, try using the Find command an search for all datums that way it works pretty well

Hope this helps, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

Glenn A manual I'm using still refers to datum planes created within the feature as on-the-fly, and as a default these are hidden. The problem is that when I try to edit the feature these planes to not present their dims for modifying. It looks that you have to identify the feature, look it up in the model tree, expand the group and highlight the plane for editing. Is there a way of setting a selection filter, or query selecting a GROUP? My point is that the internal plane the sketch uses is as important as the geometry and all these dims should be available (as its always been).

Thanks

Reply to
kenny

Kenny, I see what you mean and your right the internal plane i important, but I tend to do just about everything from the mode tree. I'm pretty sure that there is a config.pro setting for no hiding the datum planes when created inconjunction with a feature. I'm not at work right now, so I can't check it. I'll take a look a it on monday, because I'm pretty sure that might datums aren' hidden

Later, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28