Reappearing hidden bodies during rollback or feature edit.

All, (I sent this to support recently) (SW2003 sp3)

Re: Reappearing hidden bodies, surface or solid, during rollback or feature edit, how can this be fixed?

This has been a on going problem, where hidden bodies, surface or solid, reappear during a rollback or feature edit. How can the user "keep the body always hidden"?

I can keep hiding them everytime they reappear but that does nothing.

The only "crude" solution I can find is too "delete the body" temporarily.

When and Will this be fixed!!!???

If you all can, please put in a request to fix this.. please?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

oops,.. that should be SW2004 sp3!!

..

Paul Salvador wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

You undoubtedly already know this, and you don't like it, but for the sake of others:

The body stays hidden at any places in the tree where you hid the body while it was rolled back. IN THEORY you can "solve" the visibility problem by rolling back successively to each feature added to that body, and hiding it at each stage. IN PRACTICE this is not feasible except in very simple cases.

I can't think of any good reasons why it should behave like this, or why they can't at least add a 'global' over-ride.

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Andrew, what you are suggesting does not work in the problems I'm seeing.

This is a bug.

But, yeah, if there was a override, because they can't fix the bug, that would be welcome (Work-around-Works)!

BTW, SW Corp is TOTALLY CLUELESS ON THIS PROBLEM!

Nevermind,.. we need trees for PW2!?

..

Andrew Troup wrote:

Reply to