Re: Datum Planes in 2001

Hi,

> > Is there a way to selectively show datum planes in an assembly?. Right now > I have to many displayed to find the one that I need. Thanks! Eric > >

In addition to the previous post: The best way to deal with datum planes in an assembly is to have a default datum plane layer in your part and assembly template files. This will put all datum planes in your parts and assemblies on this layer automaticaly. Then, in the main assembly, open the 'Layers' dialog box and it will give you individual access to this layer in each part and subassembly. You can selectively blank the unneeded ones and then save the layer settings.

-- Alex Shishkin

Alex Sh.

Try renaming the datum plane, this will make it stand out amongst the others.

Chris

Eric Gheer wrote:

Reply to
ChrisR

This makes it easy to pick from the model tree too - strongly recommended, in fact, if you don't give all your datums meaningful names you're storing up trouble for later.

Reply to
John Wade