autocad question

is it possible to translate Microsoft Excel data (e.g. I have 2 columns of data x & y) into Autocad graphical format? I have 400 points therefore I cannot input them one by one manually.

Reply to
hin

If you no the format of the cad file you need to create you could write a macro in excel to create the file for you.

Reply to
Dav

You'll be better off asking this question on the AutoCAD NG. My approach would have been to output the points as a text file with one coordinate per line: x1 y1 x2 y2 ...... xn yn

Then a simple AutoLISP program can read this text file into AutoCAD and create points or connect these points with a polyline - whatever you want. You can make AutoLISP read a CSV file, which is one of the standard EXCEL export formats, but for a casual AutoLISP dabbler it will be faster to spend time on simplifying the point file than on writing a more complex CSV import routine.

-- Alex Shishkin

Alex Sh.